Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Grotesquely Inappropriately-named Pic of the Day is Back!
Hunter S. Thompson
Posted by: Ross

You're a whole different person when you're art. Hunter S. never forgave Trudeau for Duke. Posted by Hello

"My concept of death for a long time was to come down that mountain road [halfway between Louisville and Eglin Air Force Bace in Florida] at a hundred and twenty and just keep going straight right there, burst out through the barrier and hang out above all that... and there I'd be sitting in the front seat, stark naked, with a case of whiskey next to me, and a case of dynamite in the trunk... honking the horn, and the lights on, and just sit there in space for an instant, a human bomb, and fall down into that mess of steel mills. It'd be a tremendous goddamn explosion. No pain. No one would get hurt. I'm pretty sure, unless they've changed the highway, that launching place is still there. As soon as I get home, I ought to take the drive just to check it out."
- Hunter S. Thompson, exerpted from today's Los Angeles Times.

Reading Thompson's prose is like eating a hunk of dark chocolate knockout cake with that whipped icing: delicious.
I read FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS on an overnight train from Paris to Madrid in the summer of '98. And for me, it's places like this where Hunter S. Thompson will remain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home