Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Yay, we're doomed!
Posted by Raznor

I woke up this morning with my clock radio set to NPR and the first thing I heard on this fine July first is that Sandra Day O'Connor is resigning. I haven't worried too much about the Supreme Court lately since I figured, as was the conventional wisdom, it would be Rehnquist resigning. And although that would pave the way for (*shudder*) Chief Justice Darth Scalia, replacing an arch-conservative justice with an insane wingnut justice wouldn't have too adverse effects. But if the moderate O'Connor is replaced with an insane wingnut, well, then we'd be, to put it lightly, severely fucked up the ass with a red hot, poison tipped poker. Metaphorically speaking of course. And I don't have faith in the Democrats to prevent a wingnut. They'd have to postpone a vote until after the midterm elections and hope for a majority that would kill the extremists Bush is sure to nominate. And as Bush doesn't know the meaning of the word "compromise" (or "intelligence" or "integrity" or "cat") that's going to be their only option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home