Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Model rockets . . . OF TERROR!!!
Posted by Raznor

In case you're not infuriated currently, here's some help:

A Canadian teen, who has been labelled as anti-American by prosecutors after he wore a "Joe Canadian" T-shirt to court, was found guilty yesterday in a plot to bomb his school.

Travis Biehn, 17, was led away from the courthouse in Doylestown, Pennsylvania in handcuffs and leg irons after the guilty verdict was rendered.

Judge Kenneth Biehn, no relation, ordered Travis held for 20 days for a psychiatric evaluation after he was found guilty of uttering terroristic threats and possession of incendiary devices.


Believe me, the more details you hear, the more pissed off you'll be. The kid makes model rockets, so of course they said he had all the materials to make a bomb. Do you mow your lawn? Because the fertilizer and the lawn mower give you enough materials to make a bomb. Enjoy prison, terrorist.

And what else pisses me off, is he was declared "anti-American" because he was wearing what appears to be a pretty cool shirt:

The raid's findings were enough for police to arrest Travis, who, at the time he was picked up, was wearing the popular Molson Canadian T-shirt with its famous "rant":

"I have a Prime Minister, not a president. I speak English and French, not American... I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peace keeping, not policing, diversity, not assimilation and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !"

Travis was still wearing the shirt -- he hadn't been allowed to change -- when he was brought to court the next day. Images of Travis in his "anti-American shirt" appeared on newscasts and in area papers.


When I spent my semester in Budapest, I got this cool shirt from Statue Park. The front says "Simply Red Band World Tour" with Lenin, Marx, Engels and Stalin in the front posed like on an early Beatles album (Stalin is the Ringo). On the back are the tour dates - a list of countries and the year they fell to Communism. With an ominous "???" under "Afghanistan - 1979". The t-shirt's hilarious, but I'd hate to think what would happen if I happened to be wearing that shirt on the day one of my students decides to finger me as a terrorist to the authorities as vengeance for giving him an F just because he never showed up or turned in a homework assignment.

Welcome to Bush's America.

. . . via August, whose new comic is hilarious, by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home