Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday Random 10 with coolness self-audit
Posted by Raznor

Requisite praise to our leader - she is wise and powerful. And now the list:

1) "Coast to Coast" - Elliott Smith 10/10 - anything by Elliott Smith gets a requisite 10/10. It's that simple. Don't question it.

2) "Rearviewmirror" - Pearl Jam 8/10 - sure I got into Pearl Jam late, but even 10+ years later this song remains rockin'.

3) "Lola Stars and Stripes" - The Stills 9/10 - loses one point because if a song I love this much could possibly score a perfect coolness score the combination would likely lead to the armageddon. My god, it must be one of the best guitar lines ever.

4) "My Hometown" - Bruce Springsteen 7/10 - the requisite 6/10 for a baseline Springsteen song, plus one point for being a live recording.

5) "Shockadelica" - Prince 6/10 - remember what I said last week about losing 2 cool points for not having any actual Prince albums. Plus this is the first time I've even heard this song.

6) "Holiday" - Green Day 8/10 - I better start being hard on myself but the awesomeness of the album American Idiot means 8/10 is the lowest I could justify giving this song.

7) "This Fire" - Franz Ferdinand 5/10 - It's a fun one. But now that everyone's heard of Franz Ferdinand I must maintain my music snob credentials by reserving high cool scores for songs like "Jacqueline" or "Van Tango".

8) "It's Hard to be a Saint in the City" - Bruce Springsteen 7/10 - minus one for repeating - this is the second week in a row where two Springsteen songs came up. Hmm.

9) "Extraordinary Machine" - Fiona Apple 8/10 - would be 9/10 except now the album is actually getting released. Damn - missed my awesomeness window on that one.

10) "No Name #4" Elliott Smith 10/10 - remember what I said about Elliott Smith songs. No repetition penalties for this.

So my average was 7.8/10. Yeah, beat that Jonah Goldberg! You heard me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home