Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I’ve got some pills in my pillbox and I don’t know what they are

Posted by the bekka

I’ve got some pills in my pillbox and I don’t know what they are. You see, I carry around with me an old travel-size “Extra Strength Non Aspirin Pain Reliever” bottle that I fill with an assortment of useful medications that I might need throughout my day. I think I noticed the mystery pills before, but I just ignored them, brushing them aside to get at the last Sudafed or generic acetaminophen. I used to have some 4-hour allergy pills in there, and maybe I had a couple Pepcids too as of late. But gradually my pocket pharmacopeia dwindled as my need for their healing powers persisted over time, and now all that remains are these two sad little pills. They’re round, pale orange in hue, and about 3/8 of an inch in diameter. On one side they are emblazoned with the ominous number “5729,” while on the other they have a geometric hourglass-looking shape next to the number 40. What could this mysterious mystery drug be? I can tell you what it isn’t with a fair amount of certainty: it isn’t anything good like Valium or Percocet, because I definitely would have taken those by now. It isn’t anything name-brand or prescription, because the vague nonspecific markings are dead giveaways for ghetto generic drugs. They can't be allergy pills or decongestants because they're not matte yellow or shiny red. Have I ever even taken orange pills? None come to mind, which is strange considering they must have been in my medicine cabinet at some point. I doubt they would cause me any harm if I took them, considering I presumably bought them in the first place. But they’ve lasted this long, and it seems a shame to punish them for their ingenious survival skills. Anyway, if anyone has any idea what sort of drugs I’ve got my hands on here, feel free to drop me a line and enlighten me. Or not. I probably won’t take them anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sad little pills are generic prescription pepcid. They are twice the strength of OTC pepcid. Amazingly enough, I have the same pills in my pill box.

8/04/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger the Bekka said...

So that's where I got them from! Mystery solved! Now my post doesn't seem quite as funny, though. I guess that's the price you pay for enlightenment.

Ohm.

8/04/2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home