Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Monday, February 16, 2004

Tolerance and ownership

Bill, aka the first official Raznor Troll, wrote this in my comments to this post which insulted him, quite cleverly I might add.

I realze that you are much smarter than me because I grew up on a plantation in Mississippi and didn't have the opportunity to finish high school


Also because I'm the man. I thought this was already clearly established.

but using normal logic I am able to see the things that you haven't had time to learn about life.


"Normal logic" ain't no different than logic in general. It's all limited by what premises and axioms you start out with. But still, I don't hold your lack of education against you. Frankly you were the one who brought it up. But you should learn that the main quality of intellectuals is an understanding of the limits of intellect. You don't need a college education to bring important topics to the table.

By being brain washed by the liberal college and news media you haven't had time to think for your self. It is easy to follow others but when you are able to think for yourself you can then learn what life is all about.


So I'm only a product of brainwashing. But wait for it, the punchline is coming up:

Calling people names because they don't believe like you do is a real sign of "intolorence", the word you like to use when you speak of right wingers. or people that know there is a right and a wrong but some things are wrong and you have to accept that.


Right, after claiming that all my opinions are due to being brainwashed and thus being unable to think for myself, he calls me "intolerant" for not accepting his beliefs, which include, though not in so many words, that God hates fags.

So please be a little tolerent of someone who is not as "smart" as you but has the audacity to think for himself.

Thanks, Wild Bill


But you see, you are smart, or at least clever. You know to use that old Achilles' heel of liberalism, accusations of intolerance, against the liberals. But let me be perfectly clear.

a) People who make bigoted statements are not allowed to make claims of "intolerance". Having the gall to call two elderly women who adore each other "perverse" and "the reason God destroyed Sodom" means you're not allowed to accuse your gentle host of being intolerant, or even "intolorent".

b) I do tolerate you, Bill. But as Mr. Garrison says, "You have to tolerate it, not like it. If you had to like it it would be called acceptance." If I didn't tolerate you, I'd delete your posts or ban you. It is, after all, my blog, which brings me to my final point:

c) You're in Raznor country now, bitch! If I met you on the streets, and you made bigoted statements that I felt could be attributed to gross ignorance, I'd let you go your merry way, and hope you one day learn better. But this is my blog, and we play by my rules here. If you post a comment that merits mocking, you better believe I reserve the right to mock it. You don't like it? Get your own blog and mock the fuck out of me as much as you like. I won't complain, and blogs are totally free and easy to maintain. You might not get the mighty readership of Raznor's Rants (by my estimates, maybe 20-30 people) but you'd be free to do as you please.

But feel free to keep posting here. And your posts will continue to be tolerated. Even if they're mocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home