Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Novak's call

Many conservatives are saying that revealing Ambassador Wilson's wife as a CIA agent wasn't a leak by the White House since Robert Novak called the White House, not the other way around. Now some treasonous liberals have said typically traitorously dissent-filled comments like, "Even if that were true, the source still volunteered the information." Not so, because here at Raznor's Rants, I've used my incredible investigative reporter-like skizz-ills to obtain the exact telephone record of the conversatation between Robert Novak and a Senior Administration Official who's totally anonymous and not Karl Rove:

Robert Novak: Hey there, [not] Karl Rove. What's up?

[not] Karl Rove: Oh not much. Day's almost over thought I'd rest. Wanna see a movie or something later?

RN: Sure, I'm just finishing up this non-partisan and completely unbiased column on Ambassador Wilson, you know, that guy whose wife isn't a CIA agent.

[not]KR: Well, that's not entirely accurate.

RN: Wait, what part?

[not]KR: The part about his wife not being a CIA agent. (slight pause) Oh damn, I really shouldn't have said that should I. Damn my instinctual sense of honesty. But you promise you won't print my little slip up, right? Because revealing undercover CIA agents is bad.

RN: Of course not. (pause) Oh, crap. I'm sorry, but I accidently wrote that she is a CIA operative in my column, then when I tried to delete it, I accidently printed it out and handed it to my editor.

[not]KR: Oh well, mistakes happen. Nothing to do about it now but to courageously take responsibility. I plan on resigning first thing in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home