Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Dean in Flagstaff

So, Dean was in Flagstaff today, and I was totally excited about it. I've always been inspired by Dean's voice, which is why I've maintained my support of Dean even though Kucinich has better reflected my own views.

And this is what I was expecting when he came to give a speech at Fort Tuthill today. And I was waiting for it.

But it was nothing exciting. He repeated his campaign lines, some of which were still good, but most of which I knew. And following the excess partisanship of the Coconino County Democratic Party preceding his speech, I really didn't have the stomach for it.

I guess as far as a criticism of Dean, I guess "he wasn't inspiring" is the type of criticism you want. Shows the high expectations I have of him to begin with. And I suppose that you have to allow him an off day. He did just fly into Flagstaff, which is not a very pleasant experience (shaky landing since it's 7000 ft elevation), and he was about to fly out on another campaign stop. It's not enough to get me to waiver my support of Dean. I still like him. It's just enough to make me lean more toward the Kucinich camp.

I'll still give him another chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home