Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Let's hope they can still get along

Via Baseball Prospectus, comes an interesting disagreement that's occurring on my favorite team:

"I'm a big believer in black-and-white statistics more than I am potential... I hate that word, potential. That word gets people fired. It gets managers fired, it gets GMs fired, it gets scouts fired. I'd rather see stats. I want to see what he's done. Don't show me what he maybe can do."
--Mark Grace, Diamondbacks infielder (Denver Post)

"Unfortunately, statistics only tell you what a guy's done in the past, not what he's likely to do in the future... That's where baseball experience and using your eyes and knowing what you're looking for is probably a more important tool than strictly numbers. If you strictly go by the numbers, that eliminates players like Craig Counsell and a long list of guys who contribute a lot more to winning baseball games than the numbers show."
--Bob Brenly, Diamondbacks manager (Denver Post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home