Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Sunday, May 18, 2003

Beating logic until it screams for mercy

Ken Adelman offers this theory as to what happened to the WMDs:

"It's just very strange," said Kenneth Adelman, a member of a Pentagon advisory board who had predicted weapons would be found a month ago. "There will certainly not be the quantity and proximity that we thought of before." Adelman says Hussein may even have launched "a massive disinformation campaign to make the world think he was violating international norms, and he may not have been."


Provided by CalPundit who adds this:

The weird thing is that I might even buy this theory if I had a couple of drinks in me. The idea that Saddam no longer had WMD but couldn't stand the thought of fessing up to this — well, it kinda fits his personality, doesn't it? He just had to be the biggest, meanest kid on the block. And who knows? Being the out of touch guy that he is (was?), maybe he never believed that we'd actually invade.

It is truly an Alice in Wonderland world we live in, isn't it?


Okay, my previous statement about CalPundit still stands, I still like him, he's a good blogger and writer, but I have to ask: Excuse me? If I were simultaneously drunk, stoned, on acid and lobotomized I'd still at least be somewhat skeptical of this theory. Are we so sure that Bush wouldn't lie that Saddam suddenly retroactively gained control over global media? And if so, isn't Bush privy to intelligence? Isn't our government at the very least skeptical of the media even if it didn't control it? Wasn't Bush the one constantly saying Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?

Either the administration is lying or this is the second massive intelligence failure since Bush was president. I'm beginning to think it's more than a mere coincidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home