Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

New Raznor Troll!!!!!

Bill has been coming around from time to time, I think, under different names to haunt us like some bad ghost of stupidity or something. When I detect him, I delete his posts and reban him. I suspect he will keep this up for some time.

But we've recently got a new troll, one slightly more literate than Bill, but whose random homophobic ramblings should bring much new joy and life to the Raznor comment section.

His name is Marty, and so far he's only posted once here, and it's a random quite silly little post, that isn't worth mentioning. But I've already encountered him at Alas, A Blog. Here's what he wrote over at the comments section in a discussion about same sex marriage.

Jake, i checked your studies and what stuck out more than anything else was the constant repitition of "small, non reprasentative sample"

50 tiny studies are not going to convince me to toss out 5,000 years of natural evoloution and 37 years of personal experience. I may be a technocrat - but not THAT technocrat!


Here was my response:

Marty, you make some bizarre and arcane arguments there. It's like a fun happy word puzzle sifting through your logic. Unfortunately that word puzzle is concluded by some intensely ignorant and bigoted statements.

So I'll dissect your last sentence piecewise.

50 tiny studies

Starting off disqualifying a whole lot of studies because, what, your prejudiced against their results? But hey, we can't expect you to actually question your own beliefs can we? That's for everybody who isn't you to do.

So moving right along:

are not going to convince me to toss out 5,000 years of natural evoloution

Excuse me? What do social institutions have to do with natural evolution? But judging from that 5,000 figure I'm guessing you're a fundamentalist creationist, so "evolution" is as foreign a concept to you as "logic".

and 37 years of personal experience.

Right, we should all listen to you and only you because your experience is key. I'm guessing your gay, right? And have been gay-married for 37 years? This is why your 37 years of experience you reference here has anything to do with the debate at hand. Or are you just referring to being 37 years old, and being a bigot for those 37 years and therefore that's where your experience fits in. Either way, I hope you're enjoying all that man-sex.

And then we conclude with this gem:

I may be a technocrat - but not THAT technocrat!

Man, I'm not even going to touch that one. The rest of the Alas readers should feel free to trudge through this one at their leisure.


So I'll say, welcome Marty, and enjoy your stay as the second official Raznor Troll. Feel free to stay unless you become so rude and insulting that I am forced to ban you. And enjoy the rich full spanking your uninformed, bigoted statements truly deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home