Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Language, math, and "man"

The word "man" may be one of the funniest words in the English language when used as an adjective. Like "Man-boobs" or phrases like "Pregnant - with your man-babies". It's all quite hilarious.

Which is why if I ever write an Algebra text, rather than using symbols like F or K to indicate a field, I'll use the word "man". So then my text will be an hilarious endeavor into a study of man-vectors and man-algebras, and perhaps man-characters. The fun will never end.

And I could even introduce the "man-axioms," thus gaining ownmanship over my colleagues, as in:

ME: Ha ha ha! Your pitiful axiom scheme is no match for my mighty Man-Axioms!

Random Colleague to Whom I am Talking: But our axiom schemes are equivalent. In fact now that I look at them they are identical, except you use the term "man" instead of "field".

ME: Pitiful fool! Bow down before the might of me and my Man-Axioms.

Other guy: All right, but I still don't see why I have to do this.

Hilarity ensues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home