Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Friday, December 19, 2003

Seven Semesters Down, One to Go

Holy living fuck.

So as I'm going through the process of procrastination/packing (I always turn this into an all-nighter so I can be as lazy as possible) I realize my undergraduate career is almost over. 7 semesters goes by so very, very fast.

Also we approach the one year anniversary of Raznor's Rants. An anniversary steeped in some level of semi-prestige, mostly thanks to my comments and my being linked to at Alas, A Blog. But then there are others who have linked to me, even if I can count them on one hand, and I so do thank.

Nathan Newman has a link to me when his blogroll is up, which hasn't been in sometime, but thanks anyway. Wonderfully talented Oregon Cartoonist Kevin Moore has a link to me. He hasn't been updating his blog as much of late, but if you're unfamiliar with him, definitely check out his comics page. Oh, and don't forget Sheldon. (If he gets around to updating it again. Kevin, I hope you're reading this and get on the ball) Although I haven't read that much of Blunted on Reality there is a link to me at that page that's been up a long time. And more recently, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Echidne of the Snakes has linked to me which is great since, I figure, once the Goddess of the Snakes is on my side, nothing can stop me. Aside from Zeus. Damn you Zeus!

Sure it's not much, but it raises my blog to some amount of respectability, and that's great. Originally, the main purpose of this blog was for convenience, so that if I came across an article or something else online that is of great importance, I wouldn't have to e-mail it to everyone I know who might care about it, I could just post it here, and then those I know, my parents, my brother and a few friends, could read it here as opposed to waiting for it in their e-mails. But now I have greater responsibilty than that. I have a readership, if small, and that's great.

I've received an e-mail recently from Lauren of Feministe asking me when I'd add a comments section, and that got me thinking that maybe I should. I've avoided a comments section in the past out of fear of becoming depressed by a dearth of comments, without the comments section I could at least pretend that I have a huge readership that just never e-mailed me, but that illusion could be wiped out by the harsh realities of a comments section. But now I feel my blog has increased in respectability to the extent that a comments section should be quite interesting, so look for that in the near future, perhaps.

Anyway, I'll be going home for 5 weeks starting tomorrow. This means no classes, so quite possibly more time to be blogging. But it'll also mean no more fast internet connection, which could mean less blogging. I guess we'll see how things play out. But if blogging is in short supply these next few weeks, any of those blogs linked to above should provide some interest for all you.

And now, to finish packing. Catch you on the flip side.

Postscript: And speaking of my brother, don't forget to check out Wild Things 2 which he co-wrote. (my brother being Ross Helford, not Andy Hurst) Apparently it turned out pretty good, which is fortunate since Marines was such a travesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home