Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Monday, April 07, 2003

Hooray, I have a fan in the Philippines

I got this message, sent to "raznor@reed.edu" which is the e-mail address someone can only get from either this blog or from my comments on other blogs.

Greetings to you Dear Prospective Friend & Partner,

With warm heart I offer my friendship, and I hope this mail meets you in good time. However strange or surprising this contact might seem to you as we have not met personally or had any dealings in the past, I humbly ask that you take due consideration of its importance and the immense benefit it will be to you.

May I properly introduce my humble self to you. I am Dr. Mrs. Luisa Ejercito Estrada, wife of ousted President Joseph Ejercito Estrada of the Philippines. After careful consideration based on my instincts, I have resolved to contact you for your most needed assistance in this manner. I duly apologize for infringing on your privacy, if this contact is not acceptable to you, as I make this proposal to you as a person of integrity. The confidentiality of my contact with you is of absolute importance due to my present political status as a senator.

You may not be very conversant with proceedings of the political turmoil in my country which led to my husband’s depose from power. Expressing this from my point of view may be biased in your opinion, hence you may read the following articles to have your assertion from a neutral point of view.

http://www.angelfire.com/il/saintjareth/erap.html

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/2001/0129/cover1.html

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/02/13/bc.philippines.loiestrada/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1063976.stm

To the point. The pressure on my family is overwhelming, and we desire to safeguard our future through investments in commercial and residential properties abroad as well as profitable ventures. Hence my proposal to you to render me your most needed assistance in this regard.

The fund to be invested is in currently in a safety deposit trunk with a private security firm in Europe lodged in my name. The trunk is stocked with hard currency (US Dollars) totalling $18,500,000. Due to the embarrassing surveillance on my family’s activities, the need to contact a capable and trustworthy foreigner without a trace to our family handle this investment arose, and I hope we have found such a person in you.

If you are willing and able to render me your most needed assistance, your role in this project will be to act on my behalf as a trustee to receive the safety deposit containing the funds from the Security firm and proceed with the investments on our behalf immediately.

I want to assure you that this transaction is completely safe and risk free. The reason for having a cash safety deposit was a fallback plan of my family, as we envisaged this situation we are in today. At the moment, all my husband’s accounts have been frozen, and mine under investigation.

At this point, I want to reemphasise the need for utmost confidentiality and secrecy for the safety of this transaction and our investments you will be handling.

For your reliable assistance, I am offering you 15 %($2,775,000) of the funds.

I thank you in advance as I anticipate your assistance in enabling me achieve this goal. On hearing from you, I will be contacting you further with details of the mutual conclusion of the transaction. As you may understand, due to the possibility of bugging, it is not safe to communicate with me via phone or fax. This is why I have communicated with you with my private email address, and I like us to keep this way, for the safety of this transaction, until we meet in the near future.

Please contact me whether or not you are interested in assisting me. This will enable me make alternative plans, in the event of non-interest on your part.

With warm regards,
Dr. Mrs. L. Estrada.


You know, in case this were real, I'd feel bad about, you know, exposing it to the world like I am. (yes that's hyperbole) But she's the one who sent a confidential message to someone who she's never met, who maintains a web log, and who she would only know as Raznor. I mean, how trustworthy could I be.

Meanwhile, over at The Register Lester Haynes tells about similar tales that lead me to believe this is the work of 419ers out of Nigeria. Read the article I just now linked to. It's amusing.

This was the funniest thing that I got in my e-mail since I started this blog. Thank you Nigerian scam artists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home