Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

More on Dean

I'm browsing around Governor Dean's campaign site and the more I read about him, the more I like him.

Here's part of his speech at the DNC Winter meeting on February 21:

What I want to know . . . is why in the world the Democratic Party leadership is supporting the President's unilateral attack on Iraq?

What I want to know . . . is why are Democratic leaders supporting tax cuts? The question is not how big the tax cut should be -- the question should be: Can we afford a tax cut at all with the largest deficit in the history of the country?

What I want to know . . . is why we're fighting in Congress about the Patient's Bill of Rights when the Democratic Party ought to be standing up for health care for every man, woman and child in this country?

What I want to know . . . is why our folks are voting for the President's No Child Left Behind bill that leaves every child behind, every teacher behind, every school board behind and every property tax payer behind?

I am Howard Dean. And I'm here to represent the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.

Update: And mind you, Vermont was the first state in the marriage to allow same sex marriages, or rather, technically, Civil Unions, under the Governorship of Dean. That makes me trust him somewhat, even in my heightened cynicism of the past two-some years.

If you want young people to vote in this country, and if you want 50% of the adults that do not vote in today's elections to go to the polls, then we had better stand for something because that is why they're not voting.

Read the rest of his speech here.

Maybe this is just the spur of the moment, emotional reaction, but I am soooo going to vote for Dean in the primaries. A Dean/Kerry ticket with vocal backing by Gore could win it in 2004. Let's hope America still exists by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home