Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Sunday, April 04, 2004

We shouldn't commit genocide, but gosh that would sure be swell

Via Atrios, this column by Kathleen Parker goes beyond sickening:

I suppose it would be considered lacking in nuance to nuke the Sunni Triangle.

But so goes the unanimous vote around my household - and I'm betting millions of others - in the aftermath of what forevermore will be remembered simply as "Fallujah."

Wouldn't it be lovely were justice so available and so simple? If we were but creatures like those zoo animals we witnessed gleefully jumping up and down after stomping, dragging, dismembering and hanging the charred remains of American civilians whose only crime was to try to help them


But my favorite part is this (emphasis added):

Moreover, we've seen the sort of chaos we'd be leaving other Iraqis - the good, decent Iraqi people who trusted us once again - to face alone. We have no choice but to stay the course and fulfill our commitment. That said, it would be nice if the international community would step up to the plate and insist on justice. This isn't just America's war, but America's response to a war that was brought to us.


I'm reminded of one of the Third Reich jokes I've been hinted at:

Overheard in an air raid shelter: "If only we hadn't started this war that was forced upon us."


I mean, my god, is she that ignorant? Probably so.

Update: Check out Echidne's take on this. It's definitely worth the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home