Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Monday, September 15, 2003

Look what I done got!

So, today, I got in the mail from Amazon.com copies of Joe Conason's Big Lies and Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. I started reading both and like them both. It's a good balance. If reading Conason's book gets me all pissed off and seething, I can just skip over to Franken's book and enjoy jokes about similar subject matter.

In the meantime, I may post my thoughts as I read them, but I make no promises. I'm not like Atrios,who apparently reads these books at a rate of 100 pages a day, and posts cool excerpts every now and then. I'm a Reed senior, and my ability to read these is hampered by the reading in my history class, plus there's the fact that I'm also currently reading Alonso Church's The Calculi of Lambda-Conversions (which is fascinating by the way) and I want to get through (and understand) at least up to the middle of the third chapter in preparation for my first official thesis meeting tomorrow.

I don't mean to complain, just explain. It's not like there's not other stuff in these classes that aren't pertinent to this blog. For example, I think next I'll post a few pertinent thoughts on the revolutionary France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home