Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Bill Maher's Blog

I don't think I've linked to Bill Maher's blog yet, so there you are. And to get you in the mood, here's one of his posts I like reposted here in full (usually I don't do that, but hey, I'm giving Maher free advertising on my immensely popular blog with its readership of at least 5 people):

Fair, Balanced, or Fox?

FOX News channel senior V.P. John Moody has instructed FOX affiliates to stop using Arnold-isms such as “Total Recall”, “The Governator”, and “The Running Man” to describe candidate Schwarzenegger lest they “belittle” Arnold’s candidacy or leave viewers with the impression that his candidacy is anything but a deadly serious one. While he’s at it, Moody might want to tell Arnold himself to stop ending press conferences with the words, “Hasta la vista, Gray Davis!” Because if he doesn’t people might get the idea that this recall is some kind of undemocratic, partisan freak show financed by cynical party hacks and swallowed whole by a weak-minded, action movie-addled public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home