Raznor's Rants

Costarring Raznor's reality-based friends!

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Why support Dean?

Bob Harris has posted this this comparison between the politics of Howard Dean and Dennis Kucinich, now during the MoveOn Primary. (you can vote until midnight Wednesday, so do so if you haven't yet). After reading this, I was reminded that Kucinich politics do mesh with mine much better than do Dean's. Still, I don't think it's enough for me to dampen my support of Dean, and here's why.

I've been a reluctant supporter of Dean from the start. Every so on, I hear more about Kucinich, and wonder about whether I should support him instead of Dean. Then I hear Dean speak, or read his speeches, and frankly I fall in love with the man. I don't know of any other politician who's been as charismatic, and I certainly trust him to oppose Bush moreso than Gephart or Kerry. He feels, to me at least, like this generation's Kennedy, a motivational politician who can motivate the youth into voting for him, and frankly that seems like the best chance we have to defeat Bush.

Let's face it, Bush is a shitty public speaker. And Gore was better, but not charismatic enough. Dean's ability to motivate with his voice can be enough to get people to support him other than a pre-packaged crapfest like the Shrub in office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home